Since the time Daxx helped us hire the first member of our offshore development team in Ukraine, we’ve added new people only through this company, and I think we’ve got a great partnership.
This case study shows how cooperation with Daxx extend Oktopost's development pipeline as well as serve as the core pillars for the company’s success.
At Oktopost we look for highly ambitious and motivated people who are ready to look beyond a nine-to-five job. But after we had monitored Israeli market, we realized we couldn’t find appropriate candidates. That’s why, our main goal with Daxx was to recruit additional developers with the right skills and specializations.
Daxx proved to be very professional. The staff was very responsive and knew how to explain the market specifics and recruitment processes. We also liked the transparency of all procedures
Having analyzed a number of outsourcing providers, we chose Daxx because:
- Daxx proved to be very professional. The staff was very responsive and knew how to explain the market specifics and recruitment processes. We also liked the transparency of all procedures.
- Daxx managed to meet our needs and find the right tech talent.
- Daxx supports reasonable prices—not too low and not so high as other big companies in Ukraine have.
Our cooperation with Daxx was successful, the team was very adaptive—any time we needed to settle some issues, they were promptly dealt with. We try to visit our Ukrainian team at least once every two months, because it’s important for us to be in touch with the team. When I visited the office in Kyiv, I was surprised how nice it was. It’s impressive that Daxx isn’t a big company but is still able to keep their standards high.
It’s hard to tell in numbers what was the productivity growth Oktopost experienced with Daxx, but I can certainly say that offshore development helped us extend our roadmap and develop the things we weren’t able to develop earlier.
The key advantage of creating a development hub remotely is the increase of available talent pool. Now, if I’m planning to hire new employees, I can either examine Israeli or Ukrainian IT market, as I have functional teams in both. This way, remote cooperation adds flexibility to our business.
It’s hard to tell in numbers what was the productivity growth Oktopost experienced with Daxx, but I can certainly say that offshore development helped us extend our roadmap and develop the things we weren’t able to develop earlier
- WhatsApp, Slack, Trello
- Think of at least a few credible arguments for building a nearshore development team—budget alone won’t be enough to compensate for the time and efforts invested.
- Over-communicate with your remote team—always be ready to answer their questions or call them.
- Use every opportunity to visit your remote developers.
- Developers should feel like they are a part of the team and not “hands for hire”—make sure they are satisfied and work on the projects that help them grow professionally.
- You need to invest more time in code reviews. Review, review, and once more review the actual code.
- You need to have established development processes and practices.
Read the full interview here.
More success stories
Daxx has a few modern facilities in Ukraine, and working with Daxx has proven to be a success due to the professionalism of candidates they provided, and the pleasant and effective recruitment process.
Case Study: How a Global Video Streaming Service Built a Team of Senior Software Engineers with Daxx in Just 6 Months
After Valentyn developed the video feature, we saw that the number of hours watched has increased on our web app. And the new onboarding flow lifted the conversion rate significantly.