Why hire a Product Owner?
The answer is below
Who’s a Product Owner?
Product Owner is a professional who bridges the gap between technology and business to make all development processes as efficient as possible. The responsibilities of a Product Owner may vary across different organizations and depend on the authority the Product Owner is given.
Product Owner’s Responsibilities
- Communication with clients, potential users, stakeholders;
- Prioritizing the tasks to best achieve goals and missions;
- Managing software requirements;
- Making sure everyone on a team has a clear understanding of the Product Backlog and its items.
Why Do You Need to Hire a Product Owner?
Hiring a Product Owner is an indispensable prerequisite of success for your team, be it a local or a remote team.
- Product Owner makes sure your business goals are achieved with best-of-breed solutions.
- Product Owner closely cooperates with the Scrum Master and developers to ensure that your team develops the right product within the shortest possible time to market.
- Product Owner translates high-level business requirements into clear development terms.
- Product Owner has the expertise and competency to communicate with potential users, clients, and stakeholders, so you won’t need to get distracted all the time.
Product Owner: Local vs Remote?
Product Owner is a professional who on the one side communicates with clients and stakeholders and on the other plays a crucial role in organizing teamwork. So if you have a remote team, you can go for any of these options. Choosing on-site cooperation will give your Product Owner the opportunity to communicate with clients and stakeholders directly. While having a remote Product Owner gives your offshore team the opportunity to communicate with Product Owner on a daily basis whenever they need a clarification.
When Is It Better to Have a Remote Product Owner?
If your local Product Owner produces high-level requirements that aren’t detailed enough—you’ll definitely need to have a remote Product Owner. Offshore Product Owner will be capable of specificating requirements and making them more understandable for your remote development team. Your remote Product Owner will also make sure the team works on the tasks that are of the highest priority as for the current moment and that everything is finished on time.
Hire a Product Owner in Ukraine
Product Owners in Ukraine either work in outsourcing/outstaffing companies or product companies. Product Owners in Ukraine work in different setups, these can be small teams consisting of 5 developers, the same as large teams. In the latter case there will probably be more than 1 Product Owner. If a company has several POD products, there may be a separate Product Owner working on each. The more experienced a Product Owner, the more far-reaching responsibilities they can take—it can be either a complete responsibility for the product or a simple work on requirements. Whatever your business goals and requirements, we’ll help you find the best candidates with appropriate competencies.
Hiring a Remote Product Owner with Daxx
Daxx has vast experience hiring Product Owners in Ukraine for businesses specializing in a variety of industries including, but not limited to cybersecurity, fintech, and digital agencies.
If you want to add a Product Owner to your software development team within 6 weeks, you can specify your requirements and ask us a question using the form below.