- The Average Python Programmer Salary in the US in 2021
- The Average Python Developer Salary in the World in 2021
- Programming Language Salary Ranking: The Average Python Developer Salary Compared to Other Programming Languages
- Python Trends 2021: Is Python in Demand? Yes, It Is.
- Where to Hire Python Developers?
According to Indeed, the average Python developer salary in the US in 2021 is $110,840 per year (or $52.85 per hour), which grew by 15% for the last 5 years. The entry-level Python developer salary in the USA is $85,999. Middle developers earn $100,975 when experienced Python developers are paid on average $112,985 per year.
Average Python Developer Salary in the US 2020 By State. Updated: January 2021
Average Python Developer Salary by State 2021 | Indeed
Florida, Montana, and Tennessee are the top 3 best-paid states for Python developers with salaries ranging from $142,478 to $136,620.
- Florida pays Python developer salary $142,478
- Python developer salary in Montana is $136,620
- Python software engineer salary in Tennessee is $130,648
- Python software engineer salary in Delaware is $130,648
- In Massachusetts, Python developer salary reaches $126,990
- Python developer salary in New York is $126,798
- Python developer salary in Georgia is $124,811
- Python software engineer salary in Minnesota is $121,119
Average Python Developer Salary by State 2020 | Indeed
|State||Average Python salary 2021|
The average Python programmer salary by state 2021 | Indeed
The Average Python Programmer Salaries by State 2021
2021: Highest-Paying Cities for Python Developers in the US | Indeed
According to Indeed, the highest Python developer salary in San Francisco, which reaches $167,029. Python programmers in New York earn about $126,798 per year. Python's salary in Austin takes third place with an average salary of $125,531 per year. In Chicago Python developer salary reaches $124,408 per year.
|City||Average Salary 2021|
If you are a Python developer looking for a job, check Jooble.
The average Python developer salaries in the world range from $110,840 per year (in the USA) to $52,857 per year (in Austria). Namely:
- The average Python developer salary in the USA in 2021 is $110,840.
- The average Python developer salary in Switzerland is lower than in the USA and reaches $98,059 per year.
- Software engineers in Germany are paid $59,899.
- In Austria, the Python developer's salary is lower than in Germany and reaches $52,857.
- Python programmer salary in Sweden reaches $57,408 per year.
- The average Python developer salary in the UK is $54,507.
|Country||Python developer salary|
According to Indeed, the average Python programmer salary in the USA is $110,840 per year, which makes Python the second best-paid programming language, with only Ruby ahead.
Programming language salary ranking:
- Ruby - $115,741
- Python - $110,840
- C++ - $104,763
- Java - $103,603
Average Python Developer Salary Trends in Comparison to Other Programming Languages | 2017-2020
|Skill||Python developer salary 2017||Python developer salary 2018||Python developer salary 2019||Python developer salary 2020|
Python developer salary 2021
Python Programmer Salary Trends in Comparison to the 5 Most In-Demand Programming Languages
Programming language salary ranking. Updated: January 2021
According to the Developer Survey by StackOverflow, Python was one of the most in-demand technologies of 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. As of 2021, it is ranked as the world’s 2nd most popular programming language among professional software developers as well as the first most wanted programming language.
- According to TIOBE Index, Python is the 3rd most popular programming language in 2021:
- The data collected by Dice shows that Python was in the top 5 Most In-Demand Tech Skills as of 2018.
- According to the PYPL Popularity of Programming Language Index, which monitors the frequency of searches for different programming language tutorials, Python is the most popular programming language to learn in 2020, showing an almost 20% growth over the last 5 years.
Why is Python so Popular?
Python is a programming language, which is used to develop websites, web applications, GUI, network servers, back-end APIs, desktop apps, medial tools, and machine learning. You can also use Python to analyze data and “glue” other languages together.
- The world’s tech companies love Python.
Google, Youtube, Facebook, IBM, NASA, Dropbox, Yahoo, Mozilla, Quora, Instagram, Uber, and Reddit are just a few of the big names that use Python for a wide range of purposes and are continuously on the lookout for Python engineers. Google, for one, uses Python for everything from AI algorithms to the App Engine Cloud. Meanwhile, 99.9% of Dropbox’s code is in Python, including server backend, desktop client, website controller logic, API backend, and analytics tools.
- It’s widely used in machine learning, artificial intelligence, robotics, and big data.
With the rise of data science, Python’s popularity as a scientific language has soared. There are many machine learning libraries written in Python, in addition to a great number of tools that make it easy to do machine learning.
- It’s perfect for beginners.
Python is a great choice for beginner programmers because of its simple library and flexible syntax. With Python, it is easy to get started and immediately work towards building something usable. You can create the simplest Python program that displays some text just in few seconds with the help of the following code – print ("Any Text You Enter").
Number of Python Developers in the World
According to the Global Developer Population and Demographic Study 2018, there were 23M developers in the world, the number that was expected to reach 26,4 million by the end of 2019. In 2023 the number is forecasted to reach 27,7 million.
However, there’s no exact number of Python developers globally, as it grows continuously. As indicated in the study by TIOBE in January 2021, Python developers account for 11,72% of all developers globally, while in 2019 this number was 8,262%.
Source: TIOBE Index for January 2021
According to the Python Developers Survey, 21% of all Python developers are concentrated in the U.S.
This data proves that currently it may be complicated to find Python developers in the U.S., as the number of developers is limited and the majority of them are already occupied.
Remote work has become so comfortable as never before. Thus, when hiring Python developers, you don’t have to consider only local talent. You can hire either one developer or a whole software development team anywhere in the world. Moreover, by hiring offshore developers you have a chance to optimize your budget without risking the quality. Among software development destinations, Eastern Europe has become one of the most reasonable solutions.
Why choose Ukraine to Hire Python Developers?
- According to the Linkedin Research made by Daxx, there are 3K Python developers in Ukraine, more than in the UK, the Netherlands, and Germany.
- 20,6% of Ukrainian software developers are planning to learn Python in 2021.
- In 2019, 10% of all developers in Ukraine were using Python. In 2020, this percentage has grown to 13,3%. (Dou.ua)
- 16,3% of Python developers in Ukraine will definitely choose Python for their next project.
- Junior Python developers salary in Ukraine is $600 per month, while middle and senior developers can receive up to $1,700 and $3,500 accordingly (Dou.ua);
- Django and Flask are some of the most popular Python frameworks.
By hiring Python developers in Ukraine with Daxx – you manage your team directly, without any third-party interference, while Daxx handles recruitment, HRM, payroll services, office infrastructure, etc. We have also launched value-added services, such as Extended Team, Launch Workshop, Process Consulting, Security Testing, Quality Control, which help you flawlessly manage your software development team and ensure your product meets quality requirements and security standards.
Need to hire Python developers in Ukraine? Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss the details.