- Python Programmer Salary in the US in 2021
- Python Developer Salary in the World in 2021
- Python Developer Freelance Salary in the US
- Python Programmer Salary Compared to Other Programming Languages
- Python Trends 2021: Demand for Python Developers
- Where to Hire Python Developers?
Python is now the 2nd most popular programming language which makes Python programming salary a hot topic for discussion.
Businesses use Python for building data analysis (DA), machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence-based (AI) digital solutions.
Programmers learn and code in Python because it's got a steep learning curve, it’s in demand and a well-paid skill to have.
The growing popularity of AI, ML, and DA technologies raise the demand for Python programmers and fuel the discussion of the Python developer salary in the US and around the globe.
As it appears, Python programmers in leading tech nations get considerably higher salaries compared to those in nearshore and offshore tech centers.
Python Developer Salary According to Indeed
According to Indeed, the Python programmer salary in the US in 2021 is $108,598 per year (or $51.4 per hour), which grew by 15% for the last 5 years. The entry-level Python developer salary in the USA is $65,000. Middle developers earn $82,000 when experienced Python developers are paid on average $114,00 per year.
Python Developer Salary in the US 2020 By State. Updated: January 2021
Python Developer Salary by State 2021 | Indeed
Maine, New York, and Delaware are the top 3 best-paid states for Python developers with salaries ranging from $136,778 to $130,500.
- Maine pays Python developer salary $136,778
- Python developer salary in New York is $133,526
- Python software engineer salary in Delaware is $130,500
- Python software engineer salary in Massachusetts is $126,460
- In Washington, Python developer salary reaches $122,022
- Python developer salary in Washington DC is $120,029
- Python developer salary in Illinois is $119,902
- Python software engineer salary in Connecticut is $119,845
Python Developer Salary by State 2021 | Indeed
|State||Python Developer Salary in 2021|
2021: Highest-Paying Cities for Python Developers in the US | Indeed
According to Indeed, the highest Python developer salary in New York, which reaches $133,526. Python programmers in San Francisco earn about $120,552 per year. Python's salary in San Jose offers a salary of $115,367 per year. In Boston, the Python developer salary reaches $124,680 per year.
|City||Python Programmer Salary in 2021|
If you are a Python developer looking for a job, check Jooble.
Python developer salaries in the world range from $110,840 per year (in the USA) to $52,857 per year (in Austria). Namely:
- Python developer salary in the USA in 2021 is $108,598.
- Python developer salary in Switzerland is lower than in the USA and reaches $103,55 per year.
- Software engineers in Germany are paid $65,020.
- In Austria, the Python developer's salary is lower than in Germany and reaches $57,510.
- Python programmer salary in Sweden reaches $54,780 per year.
- Python developer salary in the UK is $54,090.
|Country||Python developer salary|
According to ZipRecruiter, Python developer freelance salary in the US is around $108,082 in 2021. This means that an hour of Python programmer’s work costs around $51.96 per hour.
We see salaries that can be as low as $84,000 and as high as $172,500 but the median Python developer freelance salary (75% of Python programmers) is $131,500.
25% — $84,000
75% — $131,500
The top earners in the US can get a Python developer freelance salary of $156,000.
New York City (NY), San Mateo (CA), Juneau (AK), Boston (MA), and Berkeley (CA) are the top-paying cities where annual Python developer freelance salary ranges between $128,342 and $120,969.
|City in the US||Annual Python Programmer Salary||Hourly Wage|
|New York City, NY||$128,342||$61.70|
|San Mateo, CA||$125,767||$60.46|
According to Indeed, Python programmer salary in the USA is $108,598 per year, which makes Python the third best-paid programming language, with Ruby and C++ ahead of it.
Programming language salary ranking:
- Ruby - $119,280
- Python - $108,598
- C++ - $113,326
- Java - $102,691
- PHP - $90,155
- C - $98,973
- ASP.net - $94,492
Python Developer Salary Trends in Comparison to Other Programming Languages | 2017-2021
|Skill||Python developer salary 2017||Python developer salary 2018||Python developer salary 2019||Python developer salary 2020|
Python developer salary 2021
Python Programmer Salary Trends in Comparison to the 5 Most In-Demand Programming Languages
Programming language salary ranking. Updated: January 2021
According to the Developer Survey by StackOverflow, Python was one of the most in-demand technologies of 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. As of 2021, it is ranked as the world’s 2nd most popular programming language among professional software developers as well as the first most wanted programming language.
- According to TIOBE Index, Python is the 2nd most popular programming language in 2021.
- The data collected by Dice shows that Python was in the top 5 Most In-Demand Tech Skills as of 2018.
- According to the PYPL Popularity of Programming Language Index, which monitors the frequency of searches for different programming language tutorials, Python is the most popular programming language to learn in 2021, showing an almost 20% growth over the last 5 years.
- Python is one of the most frequently-used programming languages in fintech used for building data analytics.
- Python, followed by SQL. Java, and R, takes the first place on the list of top skills employers seek for in 2021 according to Indeed statistics.
Why is Python so Popular?
Python is a programming language, which is used to develop websites, web applications, GUI, network servers, back-end APIs, desktop apps, medial tools, and machine learning. You can also use Python to analyze data and “glue” other languages together.
- The world’s tech companies love Python.
Google, Youtube, Facebook, IBM, NASA, Dropbox, Yahoo, Mozilla, Quora, Instagram, Uber, and Reddit are just a few of the big names that use Python for a wide range of purposes and are continuously on the lookout for Python engineers. Google, for one, uses Python for everything from AI algorithms to the App Engine Cloud. Meanwhile, 99.9% of Dropbox’s code is in Python, including server backend, desktop client, website controller logic, API backend, and analytics tools.
- It’s widely used in machine learning, artificial intelligence, robotics, and big data.
With the rise of data science, Python’s popularity as a scientific language has soared. There are many machine learning libraries written in Python, in addition to a great number of tools that make it easy to do machine learning.
- It’s perfect for beginners.
Python is a great choice for beginner programmers because of its simple library and flexible syntax. With Python, it is easy to get started and immediately work towards building something usable. You can create the simplest Python program that displays some text just in few seconds with the help of the following code – print ("Any Text You Enter").
Number of Python Developers in the World
According to the Global Developer Population and Demographic Study 2018, there were 23M developers in the world, the number that was expected to reach 26,4 million by the end of 2019. In 2023 the number is forecasted to reach 27,7 million.
However, there’s no exact number of Python developers globally, as it grows continuously. As indicated in the study by TIOBE in January 2021, Python developers account for 11,72% of all developers globally, while in 2019 this number was 8,262%.
Source: TIOBE Index for January 2021
According to the Python Developers Survey, 21% of all Python developers are concentrated in the U.S.
This data proves that currently it may be complicated to find Python developers in the US, as the number of developers is limited and the majority of them are already occupied.
Remote work has become so comfortable as never before. Thus, when hiring Python developers, you don’t have to consider only local talent. You can hire either one developer or a whole software development team anywhere in the world. Moreover, by hiring offshore developers you have a chance to optimize your budget without risking the quality. Among software development destinations, Eastern Europe has become one of the most reasonable solutions.
Why choose Ukraine to Hire Python Developers?
- According to the Linkedin Research made by Daxx, there are 3K Python developers in Ukraine, more than in the UK, the Netherlands, and Germany.
- 20,6% of Ukrainian software developers are planning to learn Python in 2021.
- In 2019, 10% of all developers in Ukraine were using Python. In 2020, this percentage has grown to 13,3%. (Dou.ua)
- 16,3% of Python developers in Ukraine will definitely choose Python for their next project.
- Junior Python developers salary in Ukraine is $600 per month, while middle and senior developers can receive up to $1,700 and $3,500 accordingly (Dou.ua);
- Django and Flask are some of the most popular Python frameworks.
By hiring Python developers in Ukraine with Daxx – you manage your team directly, without any third-party interference, while Daxx handles recruitment, HRM, payroll services, office infrastructure, etc. We have also launched value-added services, such as Extended Team, Launch Workshop, Process Consulting, Security Testing, Quality Control, which help you flawlessly manage your software development team and ensure your product meets quality requirements and security standards.
Need to hire Python developers in Ukraine? Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss the details.